Tuesday 21 October 2008

Letting Go

There is one person in your life that puts you under more pressure than anyone else.

That person is YOU!

Sadly it often takes a life changing event to make us realise how hard we drive ourselves. For me it started with the death of my dad and, at the same time, a very sick horse.

My priorities had to stand on their head for over three months as I nursed the horse. At the end of it I became aware of how unbalanced my life was. I spent little time enjoying the good things and people in my life, and I was so in the middle of my business that I could not assess progress, or create more definable strategies.

I changed it, and guess what happened? I simply switched to another equally unbalanced process, spending too much time doing what I wanted and not enough time working. Would I ever get it right?

It's work in progress, and I think it is like that for most of us. These days I tend to do what I feel like doing and let go of the things that I feel I 'should' be doing. It's early days, and I am a bit of a blank canvas with few paints. But, in the main 'letting go' has removed a vast amount of pressure. I no longer beat myself up for doing or not doing, and I allow myself downtime if I feel stressed or tired.

Strangely, it seems that I am actually able to get more work done by being less driven by it. A bit of pressure is a necessary thing, we all need a little stress in order for us to get things done. But the last thing we need is to be getting on at ourselves night and day. So let it go. It may feel a little odd at first, but stay with it for a week or two and see what happens.

Jan
Tel: 0800 634 3320
http://www.womenssuccesscoach.co.uk/
http://www.thepeoplewhisperers.co.uk/
http://www.helpforcancer.co.uk/

JAN'S PODCAST

No comments: