Friday 13 March 2009

Stop making excuses

I once remember saying to someone close to me, 'when you die, I am going to put on your gravestone 'yeah but....'

This person had become afraid of life. By admission she said she felt caged in, trapped and unable to move. But, whatever suggestions anyone made, she could find an excuse for not doing it.

We can all find excuses, and utterly persuade ourselves that our excuses ARE 100% valid.

But what excuse are you going to come up with for wasting your life? That is not another persons judgement as to whether you are wasting your life, but rather your own. What are you not doing that you really want to do, but aren't for fear of consequences, fear of change or an inability to take action?

No one is going to come and do it for you after all. If you decide to squander your hours wishing things were different, but doing nothing, don't expect any sympathy from those around you.

A friend told me a story about when his dad was in hospital dying. Just before he went down to surgery {from which he never recovered} his father grabbed his hand, and implored him, 'son, I have wasted every single minute of my life. I haven't done one good thing, but worse I haven't done all the things I wanted to do, and it's too late now. Don't waste your life like I have.'

You think you may have 70 plus years on this earth and you become complacent - do it tomorrow, or the next day or never! Do it now. Pick up the reins of your life and play an active part in your destiny. When you are old, crippled, insane and in a wheelchair, you will have bucketloads of memories to play with.

Do it now - whatever it is that you want to do - no excuses!

Jan
Tel: 0800 634 3320
http://www.womenssuccesscoach.co.uk/
http://www.thepeoplewhisperers.co.uk/

No comments: