Monday 20 April 2009

Is it me? Oh god I am talking politics!

Did I hear right on the radio news this morning? Has Gordon Brown suggested that the recession is on its way to recovery?

Sadly, I couldn't find a picture of a flying pig, so had to make do with a tiny pocket sized pig in which to put your savings! Savings? Ha!

Now I am not one for discussing politics, and I am most definitely not one for negative expression, but just lately I have begun to wonder about the sanity of our government.

I agree with the principle that businesses, newly streamlined and more customer focused, may well do better than they did before - maybe. But, really come on guys, we can't just bounce out of a crippling recession like a big black Labrador wagging a wet tail! The very idea is madness.

We crawl out of the big black hole of a recession by hooking a tired finger onto a raggedy bit of chewed up blanket tied to a precarious rock. We bite our worn out old teeth into new projects and refuse to let go, or give up no matter what. We stand unclothed, with nothing but a large medieval sword at our side and challenge 'the world' to just try and knock us down.

Yes, I for one am thinking in a more enterprising way. I have restructured and am retraining in other areas to work towards a recession proof business of the future, but that is naff all to do with GB's input, in fact it is possibly in spite of it.

We have to become enterprising, ingenious and look for opportunities. But when they do, it doesn't mean the recession is over. It just means we are tough enough to deal with it in our own way.

It makes my blood boil when idiots running the government tell us, the people in the 'eye of the storm' so to speak, what is happening out here! Are these drongos encased in some sort of bullet proof purple floaty bubble and only watch loony toons on TV?

So, is it me, or does anyone else running a small business out there feel the same?

Grrh

Jan

No comments: